Breakfast for dinner! This can be a quick, easy, and yummy thanks to this Chorizo and Eggs. The delicious flavor from the chorizo will spice up your regular breakfast routine!
Breakfast For Dinner .. Chef’s Favorite!
Whenever time or ideas are short for dinner, breakfast is a great option. This dish can easily be recreated with any type of sausage, but the flavor of pork chorizo cannot be beat! It brings a little heat and a ton of flavor to your eggs.
What Is Chorizo?
Chorizo is a Spanish word and is a pork or beef sausage. I used a Mexican Pork Chorizo, there are also Spanish and Portuguese, all variations on a theme. The Mexican version is usually easily available in the meat department of most grocery stores. If you cannot find it at yours, you may need to find a local Mexican-Latin American market. I grew up in South Texas, so this was always available!
How To Make Chorizo and Eggs
• Cook your pork chorizo. The pork Chorizo will give off a lot of fat so be sure and let a little drain on some paper towels. I like to a bit of fat with my eggs.
• Sauté your onions and scallions and jalapenos in a little olive oil until soft. If you want a milder version, use a green pepper instead of a jalapeno. Cool the onions, scallions,
and jalapenos for your mixture.
• Mix 9 eggs with three cups of milk with some salt and pepper.
• Add 2 cups of Mexican Cheese Blend
• Add in pork chorizo, onions, and jalapeno’s stir into egg mixture to combine. I fill ramekins with the egg mixture and cook at 450 degrees in the oven. I then invert the ramekin onto
the plate. Remove the ramekin.
• Top your pork chorizo and eggs with a Mexican cheese blend or I like to use a white cheddar cheese. Pico is good as well!
• Garnish with chopped cilantro and pork green chili and you have got a great meal!